Toyota Motor Philippines can’t seem to contain their excitement as they previewed the all-new 2012 RAV4 on the same day as their Toyota Media Christmas Luncheon. Although the unit wasn’t there in the flesh or were any indications about final pricing, they did hand out a brochure which sheds some light about Toyota’s compact crossover.
Here are some details contained in their official brochure (full brochure scan below):
- Like the previous generation Toyota RAV4, there are now three variants: 4x2, 4x2 Full Option, and 4x4. Both are powered by the 2.5-liter Dual VVT-i 4-cylinder engine found in the Toyota Camry. This means power is at 176 hp @ 6,600 rpm and torque is at 233 Nm @ 4,100 rpm. The sole transmission of choice is a 6-speed automatic.
- The all-new RAV4 will ride on 225/65 R 17 tires which are unchanged from the previous model.
- Neither model will have HID, although both will sport projector-type head lamps.
- The 4x2 model will not have roof rails. This will be exclusive only to the 4x4 model.
- The 4x2 Full Option and 4x4 models will have an electronic adjustable driver's seat while the base 4x2 will have to make do with manual adjustable seats. Sadly, leather is only available on the 4x4 model.
- Tonneau cover won't be standard on all models. Again, only the 4x2 Full Option and the 4x4 will get them. Thankfully, the 4x4 model ups that by adding a net tray.
- Cruise control is only available on the 4x2 Full Option and the 4x4 models.
- The 4x2 Full Option and the 4x4 models also get the convenience of a Smart Key entry system.
- The base 4x2 model gets a full-featured audio system (complete with USB and Bluetooth hands-free) but only with 4 speakers. The 4x2 Full Option ups the speaker count to 6 while the 4x4 model adds a 6.1-inch TFT display.
- In terms of safety dual airbags are across the line BUT curtain shield and side airbags are solely for the 4x4. The same goes for rear back-ups sensors.
- Prices according to Toyota Quezon Avenue: P 1,357,000 for the 4x2 Basic, P 1,581,000 for the 4x2 Full Option, and P 1,963,000 for the 4x4. And as usual, the White Pearl Mica will add P 15,000 to your purchase price.