Leading oil refiner Petron Corporation earned a Hall-of -Fame Award in the recently concluded 48th Anvil Awards of the Public Relations Society of the Philippines (PRSP) for Everyone’s Vision Petron Collaterals. Vision Petron Collaterals were bestowed with PRSP’s highest honor after bagging the Anvil Award of Excellence under the PR Tools-Publications category eight times since 2001. The Anvil is the symbol of excellence in public relations in the Philippines.
Vision Petron Collaterals are printed materials that accompany every Vision Petron National Student Art Competition. Started over a decade ago as Art Petron, its first set of collaterals, which depicted indigenous Filipino games, changed Anvil Awards history when it earned the first-ever Bronze Award of Excellence in 2001. A year later, the competition was conferred with the Bronze Anvil Award by the Public Relations Society of America for excellence in creative tactics.
“We have always believed in the talent of our youth and the value of their art in nation-building. For over a decade now, Vision Petron has provided an avenue for budding artists to promote love for the Filipino and Philippine culture through art,” Petron President Lubin B. Nepomuceno said.
Vision Petron is a multi-awarded annual art competition for students enrolled in colleges and universities all over the country. It has a yearly theme that revolves around Philippine culture and art. Last year’s Collaterals, which carried the theme “Lakbay Alalay para sa Kalikasan,” once again gave the company an Award of Excellence in this year’s Anvil Awards. Vision Petron 12 gathered over 1,600 artworks and photographs from over a hundred art schools and all over the country, surpassing the previous year’s entries.
“Through projects such as Vision Petron, we also hope to further inspire our young artists to become part of our advocacies on preserving the environment and nation-building,” Mr. Nepomuceno added.
Apart from the Hall of Fame Award, Petron also bagged the following Anvil Awards:
- 25 Years of Lakbay Alalay: Journey's Beyond the Road (Award of Excellence; PR program directed at specific stakeholders)
- Vision Petron FOLIO Magazine 2012 (Award of Excellence; culture Magazine for the youth)
- Tulong Aral ng Petron: A Decade of Fueling Hope (Award of Excellence; PR program on a sustained basis education/literacy)
- Sustainability: Petron’s Way of Life (Award of Excellence; good governance, social responsibility, responsible citizenship)
- Boracay Beach Management Program (Award of Excellence; good governance, social responsibility, responsible citizenship)
- Right Moves: The 2011 Sustainability Report (Award of Merit; PR tools-Annual report)
- Managing our Environmental Footprint in Bataan (Award of Merit; PR programs on sustained basis, consumer welfare)