The class-defining Explorer lineup in the Philippines now features the 2.0L Explorer FWD Limited with EcoBoost and the 3.5L Ford Explorer AWD Limited Plus.
“The all-new Explorer is one of our flagship vehicles in the Philippines and we are confident that the upgraded lineup will create an even stronger appeal to our customers for a modern and capable SUV,” said Randy Krieger, president, Ford Group Philippines.
“The Explorer is further evidence that we are delivering exciting features and smart technologies that are unmatched in its class.”
New 2.0L Ford Explorer Limited
The new 2.0L Explorer Limited with EcoBoost is upgraded offering SUV customers several segment-first technologies they have come to love in the 3.5L Explorer Limited.
Upgraded features include:
- Remote Keyless Entry: This feature enables the driver to lock or unlock the driver’s door without taking the key out of a bag or a pocket. Sensors around the car detect the presence of the key fob and lock or unlock the door when the driver grabs the door handle.
- Push Button Start: The engine can be turned on simply by pushing the Start button while holding down the brake pedal. There is no need to insert a key into the ignition. The all-new Explorer will start as long as the key fob is in the cabin.
- Rear View Camera: The available rear view camera provides a video image on the center console screen of the area behind the vehicle. The screen has guides and a zoom feature that help you align your vehicle with a trailer when you want to tow. The system automatically engages when the vehicle is in reverse.
- PowerFold Third-Row Seat: At the touch of a button, the available, class-exclusive PowerFold third-row seat can fold flat for additional cargo room. Simply push a button for a flat load floor. When in the upright position, it comfortably seats two passengers.
- MyFord Touch™ with SYNC: Industry-exclusive MyFord Touch system includes 2 cluster-mounted configurable displays and an 8-inch color LCD Touchscreen, paired and powered with Ford SYNC®, replaces many of the traditional buttons and gives the driver control over the vehicle’s entertainment and climate through a simple button click, voice command or touch screen tap. MyFord Touch driver connect technology adds convenience while helping keep customers engaged and focused on road.
2.0L EcoBoost delivers normally aspirated V6 punch
Offering Ford’s next generation of global engines - the technologically advanced turbocharged, direct-injection four-cylinder that is the latest in Ford’s green technology commitment– the new 2.0L Explorer Limited balances capability with environmental responsibility.
Combining direct injection of gasoline and turbocharging, the advanced EcoBoost engine delivers performance comparable to normally aspirated competitive V6 engines. Developing up to 240ps at 1,750-5,500rpm, this 2.0L EcoBoost delivers 366Nm of torque at 3,000rpm.
With the 2.0L Explorer Limited with Ecoboost, peak torque is generated at a low 1,700 rpm across a broad band to 4,000 rpm. This torque plateau makes for flexible, efficient power delivery across a wide range of engine and vehicle speeds, while helping save fuel by making power at lower rpm levels.
Estimated fuel economy improves by more than 30 percent, putting the fuel efficiency of the Ford Explorer in line with other sedans.
Unmatched Comfort – the new 3.5L Explorer Limited Plus
Continuing to raise the bar in the mid-sized SUV segment, the new 3.5L Explorer Limited Plus now features a new Headrest DVD System providing added levels of comfort and entertainment to passengers. The new 3.5L Explorer Limited Plus is available in four body colors - Tuxedo Black, White Platinum, Sterling Gray and exclusive Ginger Ale.
The new Explorer lineup will go on sale in dealerships nationwide in April at PHP 2,395,000 for the new 2.0L Explorer Limited with EcoBoost and features two new body colors – Ruby Red and Green Gem. The new 3.5L Explorer Limited Plus is priced at PHP 2,695,000.