Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. is calling all photographers out there to join the Shine with Hyundai digital photo contest. 15 lucky winners stand the chance to win P 50,000 plus get the chance to be featured in the 2014 Hyundai Calendar. And it's so easy to join:
- Like the Hyundai PH Facebook page to access the "I Shine" application.
- Fill out the form with your complete details (name, birthday, address, contact number, and e-mail address).
- Select a category and upload a photo with a caption showing how you SHINE with Hyundai. You can also apply filters to enhance your photos.
Promo period is from August 16 to September 27, 2013. For more details, visit the Hyundai PH Facebook page here or click Continue to view the full promo mechanics.
I Shine with Hyundai Digital Photo Contest
Contest Period is from August 16, 2013 to September 4, 2013 and is divided into two phases:
Phase 1: Submission Period: August 16, 2013 to September 4, 2013 Phase 2: Voting Period: September 9, 2013 to September 27, 2013
- The “I Shine with Hyundai Digital Photo Contest (“Contest”) is open to all photographers (professional, amateur, or student photographers) aged 18 years old and above, residing in the Philippines (including foreigners who are permanent residents/resident aliens in the Philippines) who are fans of the official Hyundai PH Facebook page.
- No purchase or payment is necessary to enter the Contest.
- Directors/trustees, officers, and employees of Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. (HARI), PanAsia, and/or all authorized Hyundai dealerships in the Philippines (“Sponsor”) as well as those of the agencies and companies associated with the “I SHINE WITH HYUNDAI” Photo Contest, and their relatives up to second civil degree of consanguinity or affinity are not eligible to enter or win the Contest.
HOW TO JOIN
- Participant must go to the Hyundai Philippines Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/hyundaiph?fref=ts), “Like” and click on the “I Shine” application.
- Each participant will be asked to fill out the official form with his/her personal details.
- Participant must upload a photo with the following specifications:
- JPEG format only
- At least 8.5 x 11 inches / 216 x 279 mm or A4 size * Landscape orientation
Maximum file size of 1MB * Photo collages do not qualify.
The photo must depict the contest theme, “Celebrating Shining Moments with Hyundai,” accompanied by a caption of not more than 140 words. The caption will be written on the textbox provided on the photo submission page. The photo must contain no other elements that would deviate from one’s chosen category and SHOULD have an element of a Hyundai vehicle in the background or as a subject with accord to the chosen category. Participant should keep the original size of the photo for verification if the entry wins).
- Participants may choose to compete in up to two of five (5) categories of the “I SHINE WITH HYUNDAI” Photo Contest:
- People - includes children, friends, family, couples, etc.
- Places - includes landmarks, tourist spots, etc. Events - includes fiestas, fun runs, test drives, etc.
- Animals - includes pets, wildlife, etc.
- Fashion - includes beauty shots, etc.
- Choosing of category will be upon the submission of the photo entry.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
PHASE 1: SUBMISSION OF ENTRIES
- All entries must be sent during the Submission Period. The Sponsor’s computer system is the official time keeping device for online entry to the Contest. No entries into the Contest will be accepted before or after the Submission Period.
- Only those participants who provide all the required information for their entries are eligible to join the contest.
- Participants are required to submit Personal Data on the Entry Form. All Personal Data will be held, used and processed by the Sponsor.
- 4. Certain themes or objects may cause an entry to be disqualified. Photos that are plagiarized, obscene and/or inappropriate, related to competing retail brands, or which do not conform to the rules and regulations of the contest can be subject to disqualification. The Sponsor’s decision is final with the concurrence of the DTI.
- Upon submission, all entries shall become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sponsor reserves the right to, and at its sole discretion may, reject any entry for failure to comply with the entry requirements without prior notice. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, or incomplete entries.
- Participant can submit only one photo for any of two (2) of the five (5) categories, and may win only once for the entire Contest. In case a participant wins in more than one category, he/she shall be entitled to only one (1) prize. The prize/s for the other category/ies shall be awarded to the participant who gets the next highest score based on the judging criteria indicated in these mechanics.
- Participants should keep a high-resolution soft copy file of their submitted entries.
- Photo entries should only be taken anywhere within the Philippines and show an element or subject related to any Hyundai model, dealership, or brand distributed or authorized by Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. (HARI). Subjects not associated with HARI, such as gray market vehicles, non-Genuine Hyundai parts, Hyundai buses and appliances, etc., will not be acknowledged as official entries. In case a photo entry includes subjects not associated with HARI, the photo is automatically disqualified.
- Unless prohibited by applicable law, participation constitutes permission to use the participant’s name, photograph, likeness, voice, address (city) and testimonials in all media, in any manner the Sponsor deems appropriate for publicity purposes, without any further compensation.
- Use of graphic-enhancing or post-processing software, such as Photoshop is allowed, but limited to enhancement through filters, polarizing, neutral, and density filters. Photos should not be altered beyond the given photo enhancements stated above nor elements added or removed.
- Photo entries should not have been previously submitted to any other competition, or subject to any copyright issue.
- Participants cannot submit the same photo entry in more than one (1) category. If participants submit the same photo entry in different categories, the Photo Contest Steering Committee will send a notification to the participant’s Facebook account that he/she submitted a duplicate entry. If the participant does not respond in two (2) days, the Steering Committee has the right to disqualify the participant. The winner will be required to furnish proof of identity (Government issued ID with photo), address and birth date in order to receive the prize. 14. By completing and submitting an entry, one:
(a) represents and warrants that he/she:
(i) (ii) (iii) has read and agreed to be bound by these Rules per the instructions indicated in the Hyundai Philippines Official Facebook /Twitter Page and any applicable policies or procedures posted by Facebook; is eligible to participate in the Contest, based on the stipulated Rules; affirms that all the information provided as part of one’s entry is does not violate any third party’s legal rights (including without limitation rights of privacy and publicity), and otherwise does not violate applicable law;
(b)consents to the use of one’s name and/or likeness by the Sponsor for promotional purposes (whether online, in print or through any other media now known or hereafter developed), without additional compensation or authorization unless prohibited by law;
(c) agrees to be bound by the interpretations of these Rules by the Sponsor, which are final in all matters relating to the Contest; and The Sponsor’s decision is final with the concurrence of the DTI and (d)Acknowledges that this Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook.
PHASE 2: VOTING FOR AN ENTRY
- Valid photo entries will be posted in the Facebook Application Gallery from September 9, 2013 to September 27, 2013 in time for the voting period.
- 2. During the Voting Period, fans are encouraged to vote for the best photo from the gallery of each category. In order to access the Contest App and cast their votes, voters must be registered Facebook users and fans of the official Hyundai Philippines Facebook page. One can vote by clicking on the “LIKE” button one’s favorite entry only on the I SHINE Facebook application. Each LIKE counts as a vote. Each fan has five (5) voting credits per day to vote for the entry of his/her choice.
- Fans can only vote once per category per day and cannot assign two (2) or more points to a single photo entry each day. Voting credits will be replenished after 24 hours. Unused points for a certain day cannot be used on the succeeding day.
- Use of a fake or empty (newly-created) Facebook accounts will be disqualified from the online voting. An account must have at least 20 Facebook friends for his/her votes to be qualified.
- The total number of “Likes” earned by an entry will be identified in the gallery under each entry.
- Qualified entries may also earn additional points by completing any of the Dealer Experience Online activity, the mechanics of which are as follows:
a. Participant must go to the nearest authorized Hyundai Dealership in his/her area and take a photo of one’s self in the following activities: i. Buying a new car (50 points) ii. Preventive Maintenance Service (PMS) Appointment (25 points) iii. Buying of Car Accessories (15 points) iv. Vehicle Inquiry (10 points)
b. Participant will also be asked to fill out an information sheet with a unique ISWH authentication code.
c. The code will be given to the participant who will encode said unique code to the designated Facebook application. Safekeeping of the coded coupon is the sole responsibility of the Participant. Lost coupons shall not be replaced.
d. Only one of the four (4) Dealer Experience points can be availed. The one with the highest number of points will be valued.
e. Additional points can only be acquired through the encoding of the official coupon code.
- Points earned from the Dealer Experience shall count as “Votes” earned by the entry and will be identified in the gallery with a corresponding color for each dealer experience:
i. Purchase of a new car (50 points) --- Yellow
ii. Service Appointment (25 points)--- Green
iii. Purchase of car accessories (15 points)--- Pink
iv. Vehicle Inquiry (10 points)--- Purple
*(note: Points for Purchase of Car Parts/Accessories will only be credited if it bears the genuine sticker issued by Hyundai)
- Hari will shortlist the finalists by getting the top 50 entries according to judges criteria. From the 50 finalists, the appointed judges will pick 15 winners, based on the set criteria.
- HARI shall appoint the members of the Board of Judges. The Board of Judges shall also have the power to decide on the disqualification of participants and entries for non-compliance or violation of Contest mechanics.
- The Sponsor will select the winners from all submitted entries based on the following criteria:
a. Relevance to and Interpretation of Theme (30%)
b. Creativity (25%)
c. Originality (25%)
d. Online Impact (Number of Likes and earned additional points) (20%)
- *(In case of tie, judges will decide on which photo wins) **(Formula for computing online impact is as follows:
Photo Entry with corresponding votes X 20 = Online Impact Score Photo Entry with highest number of votes
- Judging and announcement of winners will be held at the Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. (HARI) offices in Bonifacio Training Center (BTC), Global City, Taguig City on October 7, 2013 in the presence of a Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) representative.
- A total of fifteen (15) winners will be chosen from all the valid entries.
- Each category shall have three (3) winners (total of 15).
- The decision of the Board of Judges is final on all matters (e.g. selection of finalists and winners, and disqualification of participants and/or entries) 7. Winners of each category will each receive P50,000.00. HARI shall shoulder the 20% excise tax imposed by law.
NOTIFYING THE WINNERS
- Winners will be announced on the Sponsor’s official Facebook page (www.facebook.com/hyundaiph) within 48 hours from the time winners have been selected. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting the entry, an online entry will be deemed submitted by the person under whose name the e-mail account is registered.
- The winners will also be notified via registered mail through the contact details provided in the online registration form.
- Awarding of winners will be held at the Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. (HARI) offices in Bonifacio Training Center (BTC), Global City, Taguig City on December 10, 2013.
- The prize will only be awarded to the participant whose name is stated on the online registration.
- Winners must present two (2) government-issued IDs with photograph and specimen signature (e.g., SSS ID, TIN, Voter’s ID, Postal ID, Passport, Driver’s License, PRC/IBP ID), to claim their prizes.
- In the event that a winner cannot personally claim his/her prize, an authorized representative may be allowed to do so on the person’s behalf upon presentation of the following:
a. Notarized special power of attorney executed by the winner, naming and authorizing the representative to claim the prize in behalf of the winner;
b. Copy of government-issued identification card (e.g., SSS ID, TIN, Voter’s ID, Postal ID, Passport, Driver’s License, PRC/IBP ID) with the photograph and specimen signature of the winner and the authorized representative;
c. The original copy of the letter from HARI notifying the winner that he/she won the Contest; and
d. Other documents required by the above-mentioned letter.
- Winners from provincial areas
- Winners from provincial areas will be notified through registered mail or courier.
Provincial winners will be awarded upon scheduling at the nearest authorized Hyundai Dealership.
- Any unclaimed prize 60 days after receipt of notification shall be forfeited in favor of HARI with prior DTI-approval.
- The Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the winner or potential winner who is unable to accept or utilize the Grand Prize as described herein.