It’s all systems go as Kia Sorento gears up for its inaugural run in the Philippine Basketball Association’s (PBA) 40th season. The first big step for the team was settled as Cong. Manny Pacquiao was hailed team coach and soon after, the influx of players via the PBA Dispersal Draft and 2014 Rookie Draft.
Now, Columbian Autocar Corporation, exclusive distributor of Kia Motors in the Philippines, unveils the pool of lucky contestants behind the winning entries from its Choose the Name, Win the Game PBA team naming contest.
Hernando D. Gañac, Jr., CAC Vice President for Marketing and Chairman of the judging panel, shared the good news. “After months of excitement and thousands of entries all over the Philippines, and even some from our kababayans abroad, CAC and Kia are thrilled to finally reveal the winners who will soon fly out to Los Angeles, California.”
The winners are:
- Ma. Teresa D. David of Quezon City
- Ronald Aaron Po of Quezon City
- Rommel S. Latinazo of Quezon City
- Wellington S. Lim of Makati City
- Soliman M. Santos, Jr. of Camarines Sur
- Sanjie Paul Yambao of Pasay City
- Marverick M. Baddu of UAE
- Geoffrey John Barra of Cavite
- Mary Nathaniel Afable of Makati City
- Ryan Mark I. Navarro of Davao
- Gerald Roger L. Maridable of Iloilo
- Ronald De Jesus of Cavite
- Alexis John Dela Cruz of Rizal
- Alvin T. Jimenez of Cavite
Last August 7, 2014, a panel composed of CAC executives and a third-party agency was present to determine the final names. Joining Gañac from CAC were Nenuka F. Guba, Marketing Head; Renato G. Velasquez, Sales Director; Menchie L. Competente, Assistant Vice President, Human Resources; and Jose B. Avellana, Jr. from Kia’s PR and advertising agency. Rosila F. Egmilan, DTI Division Chief for Business Registration and Licensing, was also present to supervise the judging and authenticate the results.
The winners are definitely in for an amazing trip in L.A. And as October rolls in, Team Kia Sorento is now well on its way in its quest for basketball supremacy.