Tires are integral to a car’s performance. In the most basic sense, they are the only four points of contact a car has to the road. That narrow patch of rubber, measuring no more than a few centimeters wide, help determine the handling characteristics that separate an ordinary vehicle and an extraordinary one.
Bridgestone knows this very well and has launched its third-generation sports tire, the Potenza Adrenalin RE003. Following the success of the RE001 in 2007 and RE002 in 2011, the RE003 aims to further improve on its predecessor’s key attributes of quick response, precise handling, and maximum control.
“Compared to the second-generation Adrenalin, which was already a leader in its class, the RE003 provides drivers with an even more outstanding driving experience through its improved ride comfort and rolling resistance while offering a high level of balance between wet and dry performance,” says Mr. Minoru Kuroki, Direction of International Tire, Bridgestone Corporation.
Designed as the perfect Original Equipment (OE) replacement or those Plus Sizing the tires on their sporty cars, the Potenza Adrenalin RE003 offers several key technology from Bridgestone’s advanced research and development including:
- Triple and half groove – the combination of three main grooves and a sporty half groove optimizes overall rigidity and quickens initial response the instant the steering wheel is turned;
- Wide center rib – provides a rigid center rib for precise handling and cornering performance;
- Curved groove wall reinforcement – using a curved groove wall results in strengthened lateral rigidity to offer precise cornering performance;
- Connection block – shortened lug groove increases the rigidity of the shoulder block taking handling stability to a new level for powerful traction in dry conditions;
- Pulse groove – the main groove uses wave like design technology that has been proven in the development of motorsport tires for wet conditions. This innovation has been adopted for better drainage and anti-hydroplaning performance;
- Deflectors – raised protrusions formed on the floor of the pulse groove improve drainage and help prevent hydroplaning;
- Silica based compound – the silica compound rubber improves wet-handling performance while maintaining exceptional dry-handling
In order to cater to a wide variety of applications, the new Bridgestone Potenza Adrenaline RE003 tire is available in 43 different sizes. This ensures that almost any performance-minded motorist, whether they drive a Japanese, European, American, or Korean make will have a version of Bridgestone’s race-proven and race-developed Potenza on their car.