Honda dominated the recent ASEAN NCAP Grand Prix Awards held in Malaysia after winning ten (10) distinguished awards in three different categories. Honda received two (2) awards in the Crash Worthiness Performance category; one (1) award in the Safety Technology category; and seven (7) awards in the Most Affordable 5-star Car in ASEAN category.
The all-new Civic reigned as the “Best Medium Family Car in AOP (Adult Occupancy Protection)” and “Best Medium Family Car in COP (Child Occupancy Protection)” under the Crash Worthiness Performance category. These awards truly highlight the excellence of the All-New Civic’s host of safety features.
The 2016 Civic is equipped with a hos tof safety features including airbags (up to 6 for the RS Turbo), Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), Hill Start Assist (HSA), Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS), Emergency Stop Signal (ESS), Multi-view Reverse Camera with Dynamic Guidelines, Seat Belt Reminder, ISOFIX, and Immobilizer. The All-New Civic also has an Electric Parking Brake (EPB) with Auto Brake Hold (ABH).
Under the Safety Technology category, the Honda Sensing received the “Best Safety Technology from a Car Maker” award. Honda Sensing is a system that recognizes the driving environment, intentions of the driver, and conditions of the vehicle.
Key Honda Sensing functions include Collision Mitigating System (CMBS), Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS), Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) with Lane Departure Warning (LDW), and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). Some of these features are equipped in the locally available Pilot and Legend.
Under the Most Affordable 5-star Car in ASEAN category, the Jazz was classified as the “Most Affordable 5-star Car in the Philippines”, while the City, BR-V, and HR-V won the category in other ASEAN countries.
Along with these several outstanding awards, both the Brio and Brio Amaze also achieved a 4-star rating in the ASEAN NCAP crash test. The Brio Amaze showcased its above class safety features, and scored 12.88 out of 16.00 for Adult Occupancy Protection, and 45 percent for Child Occupancy Protection.
Honda Achievements at ASEAN NCAP Grand Prix 2016
- Crash Worthiness, Best Medium Family Car, AOP: Honda Civic
- Crash Worthiness, Best Medium Family Car, COP: Honda Civic
- Safety Technology, Best Safety Technology from a Carmaker: Honda Sensing
- Most Affordable 5-star Car, Philippines: Honda Jazz
- 2016 Honda Civic: 5-stars (4-stars for non-VSA equipped models)
- 2016 Honda Brio: 4-stars
- 2016 Honda Brio Amaze: 4-stars
- 2016 Honda BR-V: 5-stars (4-stars for non-VSA equipped models)
- 2015 Honda HR-V: 5-stars (4-stars for non-VSA equipped models)
- 2014 Honda Jazz: 5-stars (4-stars for non-VSA equipped models)
- 2014 Honda City: 5-stars (4-stars for non-VSA equipped models)
- 2013 Honda CR-V: 5-stars (4-stars for non-VSA equipped models)
The ASEAN NCAP (New Car Assessment Program for Southeast Asia) is an addition to the NCAP programs. It aims to evaluate safety standards, raise consumer awareness, and encourage a market for safer vehicles in the ASEAN region. The ASEAN NCAP collision tests are conducted as collaboration between ASEAN NCAP and the Japan automobile Research Institute (JARI).