Ford Philippines ended November on a victorious note as it received a total of 13 awards from the Car Awards Group, Inc. (CAGI) and the Auto Focus People’s and Media’s Choice Awards.
The 3.2L Ranger Wildtrak M/T was named Truck of the Year for 2014-2015 by the CAGI, making this win the second consecutive year the Ranger has been given the prestigious distinction. Last year, the award was given to the automatic variant of the award-winning pickup truck.
The CAGI also recognized the following Ford nameplates during their awards night:
- 1.5L EcoSport Titanium - Spyder Innovation Award
- 3.5L Explorer Sport – Best Crossover SUV
- 2.2L Ranger WT 4x2 A/T – Best 4x2 Truck
- 3.2L Ranger WT 4x4 M/T – Best 4x4 Truck
Earlier in November, Sunshine TV also held their annual Auto Focus People’s and Media’s Choice Awards night where Ford Philippines received eight trophies. Awards were given to car manufacturers whose products were given top marks by both consumers and media.
Ford won the following:
2014-2015 Auto Focus People’s Choice Awards
- Standard Compact SUV Winner: Ford EcoSport
- Standard Large SUV Winner: Ford Explorer
- Sports Car Runner-Up: Ford Mustang
- Pick-Up Runner-Up: Ford Ranger
- Best Safety Features Large SUV: Ford Explorer
- Best Value-for-Money Large SUV: Ford Explorer
- Best Engine Performance Sportscar: Ford Mustang
- Best Design Pick-Up: Ford Ranger
In September, C! Magazine editors presented Ford with two awards: Best in Class - Pickup Category for the 3.2L Ranger Wildtrak and Best in Class – Compact SUV for the 2.0L Escape, rounding up the total awards received by Ford to date to 15.
“All these achievements further fuel our passion and commitment to our customers, and we’re grateful for the enthusiasm they have shown towards our line-up of One Ford vehicles in the country,” added Hart.