72 eligible vehicles, but only one took home the ultimate prize: the 2016 Car of the Year – Philippines. Organized by the Car Awards Group, Inc. (CAGI), which this website isn’t a part of, bestowed that title to the Honda Civic RS Turbo. And for truck lovers out there, CAGI has given the 2016 Truck of the Year – Philippines to the Isuzu D-Max 3.0 4x2 LS A/T.
The Mazda6 Sports Wagon was the first runner-up followed by the Mazda6 Skyactiv-D sedan as second runner-up.
Though Honda and Isuzu walked away with the top prize and a large, handsome glass trophy, there were 19 other categories up for grabs.
Here’s the full list of winners, each one receiving a small glass trophy for their display case:
- Commercial Utility Vehicle: Suzuki Super Carry Utility Van DDiS Turbo Diesel
- Subcompact Car: Suzuki Ciaz 1.4 M/T
- Compact Car: Honda Civic RS Turbo
- Luxury Compact Car: Audi S3 2.0 TFSI Quattro
- Mid-sized Car: Mazda6 Skyactiv-D Sedan
- Luxury Mid-sized Car: Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TSI Business Edition
- Wagon: Mazda6 Sports Wagon
- Sports Car: Nissan GT-R Premium
- Compact Crossover: Mazda CX-3 FWD Sport
- Crossover: Mazda CX-5 Skyactiv-D AWD Sport
- Luxury Mid-sized Crossover: Lexus RX 350 Premier
- 2WD SUV: Mitsubishi Montero Sport GLS 2WD A/T
- 4WD SUV: Mitsubishi Montero Sport 4WD GT
- Premium SUV: Mitsubishi Pajero GLS 3.2 Di-D 4WD
- Luxury SUV: Maserati Levante Diesel
- MPV: Haima V70 1.5+ A/T Deluxe
- Premium MPV: Honda Odyssey EX
- 2WD Pickup: Isuzu D-Max 3.0 4x2 LS A/T
- 4WD Pickup: Mitsubishi Strada GT 4x4 A/T
- Nuvali Green Car: Honda Legend 3.5 Sports Hybrid SH-AWD
- Motolite Class M: Hyundai Tucson CRDi GLS 2WD
- Metro Pacific Tollways Corporation Best Safety: Volkswagen Passat 2.0 TSI Business Edition
- Speedlab Tuner’s Choice: Honda Civic RS Turbo
- Manila International Auto Show Best Design: Nissan GT-R
Now that the search for the Car of the Year – Philippines and Truck of the Year – Philippines is over, what do you think of the results? Let us know in the comments below.