The Association of Vehicle Importers and Distributors (AVID) annual sales remarkably grew by 60 percent in 2016, totaling 93,179 units. Fourth Quarter sales capped off to an impressive year as it climbed by 26 percent with 24,434 units from 19,374 units in the same period in 2015.
Sales of Passenger Car (PC) segment registered a 60 percent increase for full year 2016 as compared to the previous year. Q4 2016 figure also picked up by 40 percent, hitting 9,341 units. Among the member brands, Hyundai led the sales and managed to sell 6,063 units in Q4 2016.
Accounting for the bulk of sales, the Light Commercial Vehicle (LCV) segment surged up by 60 percent in 2016 on the back of strong demand for this group due to low oil price. Sales for the last three months of 2016 is also on the rise as it reached 19 percent growth with Ford as the best-selling brand.
- ANG - Auto Nation Group (Mercedes-Benz, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge)
- BBAI - British Bespoke Automobiles, Inc. (Rolls-Royce)
- BUAI - British United Automobiles, Inc. (MINI)
- FGPI - Ford Group Philippines, Inc. (Ford)
- HARI - Hyundai Asia Resources, Inc. (Hyundai)
- MIPI - Motor Image Pilipinas, Inc. (Subaru)
- PGA - PGA Cars, Inc. (Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley)
- SMC - Scandinavian Motors Corporation (Volvo)
- SPI - Suzuki Philippines, Inc. (Suzuki)
- TCCCI - The Covenant Car Company, Inc. (Chevrolet)