At the recent Toyota Media Thanksgiving Party (which also served as the launch venue of the all-new Alphard and refreshed Prius C), Toyota Motor Philippines President Mr. Michinobu Sugata outlined the company’s banner 2014. In his speech, Mr. Sugata proudly outlined his company’s accomplishments including:
- Triple Crown for 13 consecutive years. This means that Toyota is the country’s sales leader not just in an overall capacity but also in the Passenger Car and Commercial Vehicle segment as well.
- Sales surge 40 percent from 2013. And on top of that, TMP sales have breached the 100,000-mark (106,110 units). This means Toyota’s operation in the Philippines joins the exclusive 100k club. It made TMP the 16th best-selling business unit overtaking the Malaysia.
- Seven vehicles were the best-selling in their respective categories. It comes as no surprise that the Vios is the best-selling sub-compact sedan with 25,837 sold, but the Corolla Altis, Innova, Wigo, Fortuner, Camry, 86, and Hiace are also the best-selling nameplates in their respective classes.
- Lexus is second best-selling premium brand. With new models such as the NX, RC, RC F, Lexus secured 475 unit sales with just one dealership.
- Highest after sales service units received ever. In 2014, 737,000 units were serviced by Toyota Motor Philippines’s various dealerships. This new record can be attributed not only on new car sales but also to the expansion in Toyota’s dealership network as well as the introduction of new products such as the Toyota Smile Value Service and Express Maintenance Service.
- Highest in customer satisfaction according to J.D. Power 2014 Sales Satisfaction Index (SSI).
- The Toyota Santa Rosa Plant is in overdrive. Increased demand for the Innova and Vios meant that production at Toyota’s Santa Rosa assembly plant reached 41,644 units eclipsing the 36,849 units set by their old Bicutan plant way back in 1996. This means that Toyota manufacturing team members all rendered at least 2 hours of overtime each to meet customer demand.
- The 2015 Toyota Vios Cup is coming. Yes, waku-doki is back once again for a second year in a row. The one-make race kicks off in March with an added fourth leg. New and familiar faces will race making once again the biggest grid in Philippine motorsports history.