It’s official Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd. or FHI is changing its name to reflect its most important brand, Subaru. FHI is no more and in its place is Subaru Corporation. Marking the change last April 1, 2017, renaming ceremonies were held at the company’s head office in Ebisu, Tokyo, and three other Japanese facilities.
FHI President and CEO Yasuyuki Yoshinaga commented, “We have long strived to make excellent products. In recent years, our effort has been expanded from making good products to delivering distinctive value which only Subaru can bring to customers. This change in company name declares Subaru’s determination to thrive as a brand that delivers value. When customers are satisfied, we see happy faces. We want to encourage even more smiles and create even more Subaru fans. Together with the new company name, let’s all make the Subaru team shine brighter!”
Aside from FHI itself, the renaming has also affected some affiliated company names:
- Subaru Techno Corporation (Fuji Techno-Services Co., Ltd.)
- Subaru IT Creations Corporation (Subaru System Service Co., Ltd.)
- North American Subaru, Inc. (Fuji Heavy Industries USA, Inc.)
- Subaru Technology Beijing Co., Ltd. (Fuji Heavy Industries Technology Beijing Co., Ltd.)
- Subaru Asia Pte Ltd. (Fuji Heavy Industries Singapore Pte. Ltd.)