Hyundai has this thing recently of calling all their cars, “grand” lately. After calling their larger Starex, the “Grand Starex” and their extended wheelbase Santa Fe, the “Grand Santa Fe”, they’re applying the very same formula to their veteran mini car offering, the i10. Of course, now it’s called the Grand i10. And yes, like Grand Santa Fe and the Grand Starex, the Grand i10 has grown. It’s like Hyundai decided to feed it Cherifer: it’s longer by 80 mm and 65 mm wider than the pre-Grand i10. That’s just for starters.
Wearing Hyundai’s trademark Fluidic Sculpture design, the Grand i10 features bigger and brighter headlamps and along with the hexagonal grille creates a sleek, chic vibe. The Grand i10 comes standard with 14-inch alloy wheels along with a choice of no less than 10 colors: Red Passion, Golden Orange, Aqua Blue, Wine Red, Twilight Blue, Star Dust, Silky Beige, Sleek Silver, Pure White, and Phantom Black.
The Grand i10 also gets a bump in equipment level. Aside from the 14-inch alloy wheels, the Grand i10 now gets power windows for both front and rear occupants, a cooled glove box, a keyless Smart Key with push button start/stop, a multi-function trip computer, an Eco Indicator, a full-featured CD/DVD/MP3/USB audio system with 4 speakers and an LCD touch screen, and even a rear parking camera. Whew.
In terms of safety, the Grand i10 gets dual SRS airbags, anti-lock brakes, and fog lamps.
The Grand i10’s increased size also equates to a need to bump up the power. Now, the Grand i10 is offered in two engine configurations: a 1.0-liter and 1.2-liter engine both with 4-cylinder configurations. The 1.0-liter has 66 horsepower while the 1.2-liter pushes that figure to 87 horsepower. The Grand i10 is available in both 5-speed manual and 4-speed automatic versions.
Seems Hyundai is doing its best to arm its i10 to battle against the likes of the upcoming Toyota Wigo and even the Mitsubishi Mirage and Mirage G4. Game on!
Check out the introductory prices:
- Grand i10 1.0 E 5MT – P518,000
- Grand i10 1.0 S 5MT – P558,000
- Grand i10 1.0 S 4AT – P588,000
- Grand i10 1.0 L 4AT – P658,000
- Grand i10 1.2 L 4AT – P688,000
- Robinsons Galleria – February 15 – 24
- SM Center Las Piñas – February 15 – 19
- SM City Bicutan – February 15 – 19
- SM City Marikina – February 15 – 19
- SM City San Lazaro – February 15 – 19
- SM City Sucat – February 15 – 19
- Theatre Mall – February 15 – 16
- SM Mall of Asia – February 20 – 26
- SM City North EDSA – February 20 – 22
- Trinoma – February 21 – 23
- Glorietta – February 21 – 23
- Virra Mall – February 21 – 23