Nissan’s flagship large SUV, the Patrol Royale is getting a price adjustment for the 2016 model year. Meticulously honed for over five decades, the Patrol (now known as the Patrol Royale) is the first four-wheel drive vehicle, according to Nissan, designed to take on the climatically demanding Middle East region. It packs a 5.6-liter V8 gasoline engine mated to a 5-speed automatic with a 4WD system with a rear locking differential.
Engineers went through more than 200 prototypes for evaluation before coming up with the vehicle that eventually became the Patrol Royale.
The Patrol Royale packs a 5.6-liter V8 engine with 371 horsepower at 5,200 rpm and 526 Nm of torque at 3,400 rpm. Designed for maximum performance and smooth response, this engine is mated to a 5-speed automatic with manual shift mode and cruise control.
Keeping all that power in check is the Hydraulic Body Motion Control System or HBMC. It keeps the Patrol Royale flatter with less body roll during lane-changing and cornering while delivering a comfortable ride in city driving and superb stability on rugged and sandy tracks. It also employs independent suspension on both ends along with 275/60R20 tires.
Outside, the Patrol Royale features LED headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRLs) with an automatic on/off function. Inside, it has generous amounts of leather, polished aluminum, and wood grain paneling with ample seating for 8 adults. It also has a powered driver’s seat and tilt/telescopic steering with memory, tri-zone climate control, a 13-speaker Bose sound system with a DVD system with two 7-inch headrest monitors, and a moon roof.
Helping maneuver the 5.16-meter long SUV, the 2016 Patrol Royale has front and rear clearance sensors with an Around View 360-degree camera. It also features 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, Brake Assist, Limited Slip Differential, and Vehicle Dynamics Control with Hill Descent Control and Hill Start Assist.
The 2016 Nissan Patrol Royale is available in two colors: Pearl White and Black Obsidian for a retail price of P 3,990,000.
- Engine: 5.6-liter DOHC V8, CVTCS (371 horsepower @ 5,200 rpm; 526 Nm @ 3,400 rpm)
- Fuel: Petrol, ECCS, EFI
- Transmission: 5-speed AT with Manual Shift Mode
- Suspension: Hydraulic Body Motion Control (HBMC)
- Transfer Select Switch: 4L, 4H, Auto, with Variable 4x4 Mode Select
- Tires: 275/60R20, Alloy 20 x 8.0J
- Dimensions (L x W x H, in mm): 5,165 x 1,995 x 1,955
- Wheelbase: 3,075 mm
- Minimum Ground Clearance: 273 mm
- Seating: 8
- Exterior Features: LED headlights with LED DRLs; front fog lamps; roof rails
- Interior Features: Tilt/telescopic steering wheel (powered with memory); powered driver’s seat (with memory); push engine start with Intelligent Key; tri-zone auto A/C; moon roof; Bose Premium sound system with 13 speakers; 7-inch LCD with MP3/DVD/Tuner/iPod; 2 x 7-inch front headrest mounted WVGA monitors