Just in time with its new brand campaign, “Rediscover Excitement” as well as its second anniversary as part of the global Nissan family, Nissan Philippines, Inc. brings to market the Juke sports sub-compact crossover. Featuring a unique exterior design, motorbike inspired cabin, and dynamic handling, the Juke is now available for reservations at all Nissan dealerships nationwide with deliveries to start by January 2016.
Built to thrill, the made-in-Japan Nissan Juke is designed to capture attention because of its fun and bold exterior design. Penned with the ROBIOTIC design concept, it takes the mechanical (ROBO) and living body (BIO) to produce a muscular and agile exterior and an interior that combines mechanical precision with dynamic movement.
It commands attention with its split-design headlamp cluster which vertically separates the park lights, main lamps, and fog lamps. It has the trademark boomerang-shaped LED combination lamps set high on the hood followed by the large round headlights located below the grille. The signature V-grille is present as is an under guard intake that emphasizes the Juke’s sportiness.
The raked front pillars and large windshield give excellent visibility all around while a sloped rear roofline along with muscular lower body sides emphasizes its strength and sportiness. Hidden door handles add to the coupe-like feel as do the standard 17-inch alloy wheels.
Inside, the Juke features a motorbike inspired interior that starts with the hooded gauges and gas-tank inspired center console. Sporty fabric seats for the driver and front passenger give excellent lateral support. The Juke also offers seating capacity of up to five adults as well as a 60/40 split-folding rear seat to accommodate large cargo.
Front and center to the Juke experience is the Integrated Control System or I-CON. This versatile, multi-colored system allows the driver to change the drive and climate modes with a single touch. The Drive mode features three different settings: Normal, Sport, and Eco to deliver maximized performance or fuel efficiency. And a toggle of a switch, the same system can control temperature settings and air flow preferences.
Nissan Philippines is offering the Juke with a single variant: the 1.6 Upper CVT. This means, it has the HR16DE engine under the hood. It makes 116 horsepower at 5,600 rpm and 154 Nm of torque at 4,000 rpm good perfect for everyday driving duties. Mated to this engine is Nissan’s award-winning Xtronic CVT transmission. The Juke also comes with cruise control as standard.
For fun and stability through twisty roads, the front-wheel drive Juke has front independent MacPherson Struts coupled with a rear torsion beam axle. As fun and dynamic as it is, the Juke also comes with a complete array of safety equipment such as dual SRS airbags, ABS, EBD, brake assist as well as rear parking camera.
The Juke comes in four fun colors: Red Alert, Solar Yellow, Pearl White, and Black Obsidian with a retail price of P 980,000.
- Engine: 1.6-liter DOHC CVTC 16-valve 4-cylinder
- Max. Power: 116 horsepower @ 5,600 rpm
- Max. Torque: 154 Nm @ 4,000 rpm
- Fuel Tank: 52 liters
- Transmission: CVT
- Front Suspension: Independent MacPherson Strut
- Rear Suspension: Torsion Beam Axle
- Wheels and Tires: 215/55R17
- Length x Width x Height (in mm): 4,135 x 1,765 x 1,580
- Wheelbase: 2,520 mm
- Curb Weight: 1,332 kilograms
- Trunk Space: 251 liters (normal), 830 (seats folded)
- Steering: Electric power steering with tilt-adjustable leather steering wheel
- Headlights: Halogen projectors with LED clearance lamps
- Outside Door Mirror: Electric folding with LED turn signal indicators
- Seat Material: Fabric
- Airconditioning: Full automatic climate control
- Audio: 2-DIN display audio with 6 speakers
- Other features: Passive entry system, push start engine start/stop, rear parking camera
- Safety features: Dual SRS airbags, ABS, EBD, brake assist, ISOFIX