The continued weakening of the Philippine Peso is forcing Motor Image Pilipinas, the exclusive distributor of Subaru vehicles in the country to implement a price increase on selected models. The price increase will affect its core models: the Subaru XV, Forester, and Levorg beginning January 1, 2017.
Citing their vehicles’ exceptional engineering, design, functionality, safety, and quality, Motor Image Pilipinas will have to adjust their pricing as the cost of importing these vehicles from Japan have been made significantly higher than before.
According to sources, the impending increase will be 1.5 percent for the Subaru XV, Forester, and Levorg. This means the new prices would be:
- Subaru Forester 2.0i-L: ~P 1,468,000 (from P 1,448,000)
- Subaru Forester 2.0i-Premium: ~P 1,673,000 (from P 1,648,000)
- Subaru Forester 2.0 XT: ~P 1,948,000 (from P 1,918,000)
- Subaru Levorg 1.6 GT-S: ~P 1,743,000 (from P 1,718,000)
- Subaru XV 2.0i: ~P 1,338,000 (from P 1,318,000)
- Subaru XV 2.0i-Premium: ~P 1,520,000 (from P 1,498,000)
As the Philippine Peso continues to weaken, it’s only going to be a matter of time when the other Subaru models: Legacy, Outback, Subaru BRZ, WRX, and WRX STI will also be subjected to price hikes.