The Euro-4 compliant RZ4E engine is now on the Isuzu D-Max. Slated to arrive at all Isuzu showrooms by the end of this month, this small-displacement 1.9-liter engine replaces the previous 2.5-liter mill on all value-oriented trims. Together with the new engine and transmission (all models now get a 6-speed manual or automatic), the D-Max also receives some cosmetic changes inside and out.
The changes found in the 2018 D-Max are:
- A new front fascia with a new grille and headlight design. The 3.0-liter Blue Power models also receives bi-LED headlamps with LED daytime running lights.
- An upgraded interior with high-gloss piano black accents on the air conditioning vents and accented fabric seats for the RZ4E variants. The 3.0-liter variants add leather seats as well.
- In terms of infotainment, the RZ4E gets a 7-inch touchscreen system while the 3.0-liter models get screens an inch bigger while also gaining in-car GPS navigation.
- Dual SRS airbags, ABS with EBD, and a brake override system—a failsafe measure that prioritizes the brakes and overrides accelerator input if the accelerator and brakes are pressed at the same time; the 3.0-liter variants all get Electronic Stability Control which incorporates traction control, hill-start assist, and hill-descent control.
- Five colors are available: Sapphire Blue (new) Galena Gray (new), Cosmic Black, Splash White, and Titanium Silver.
Pricing for the 2018 D-Max is as follows:
- 4x2 LS 1.9-liter RZ4E M/T – P 1,179,000
- 4x2 LS 1.9-liter RZ4E A/T – P 1,249,000
- 4x2 LS 3.0-liter M/T – P 1,290,000
- 4x2 LS 3.0-liter A/T – P 1,360,000
- 4x4 LS 3.0-liter M/T – P 1,600,000
- 4x4 LS 3.0-liter A/T – P 1,670,000