Search CarGuide.PH

March 10, 2024

Inchcape Bolsters Philippine Presence With 1.2-Hectare C5 Hub

Inchcape Philippines will further bolster its presence in the Philippines with the soon-to-open C5 hub. The facility, which used to house Subaru and Peugeot, has been transformed into the distributor’s mass market hub housing both Mazda and Changan.

Last August, Inchcape entered a joint-venture with the CATS Group of Companies. The deal includes the acquisition by Inchcape of a controlling 60 percent stake, while the remaining 40 percent remains with CATS founding Ang family.

Inchcape Philippines is the exclusive distributor of Mercedes-Benz, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, RAM, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Harley Davidson. It also continues to serve as an authorized Mazda dealership. Most recently, they have expanded their portfolio to cover the distributorship of their first mass-market brand: Changan Auto.

Alex Hammett, Managing Director of South Asia and Pacific, which covers the Philippines, Brunei, Thailand, Guam, Saipan, and Micronesia, says that Inchcape will continue its expansion by going “vertical.” This means, they will not only be a distributor, but will also be a retailer of the brands that they carry.

Currently, they operate in six locations in four major cities in the Philippines—Mindanao Avenue in Quezon City, Greenhills, Pasig City, and Bonifacio Global City.

Inaugurated last August, Mazda C5 is the first Mazda dealership in the Philippines to reflect Mazda’s Japanese Premium corporate design direction. This facility can display up to six Mazda vehicles.

The same month, Inchcape was appointed by Changan Auto to distribute its vehicles in the Philippines. The soon-to-open Changan C5 will become the Chinese brand’s flagship showroom and will be able to display up to 10 Changan vehicles. It will also set the tone, look, and feel of the other Changan showrooms across the country.

Inchcape’s 1.2-hectare C5 hub will also house the corporate offices of its mass market brands. It will also be home to a centralized parts distribution center and training center, complete with a “hotel” for Changan. It will also serve as their centralized body and paint center for all its brand, including premium brands such as Mercedes-Benz and Jaguar Land Rover. To that end, they have invested in several state-of-the-art equipment, including the ability to properly repair aluminum body panels.

After the competition of its C5 hub, Inchcape Philippines plans to also renovate its Greenhills facilities starting with Harley-Davidson and Mercedes-Benz.

1 comment:

  1. Changan dealership there will struggle badly as there's a Toyota dealership near that area
    Changan needs much better pricing for the Alsvin,CS55 Plus,Uni K and Uni T vehicles aside from more dealerships in North Luzon


Feel free to comment or share your views. Comments that are derogatory and/or spam will not be tolerated. We reserve the right to moderate and/or remove comments.