Grab Philippines says they’ve helped millions of Filipinos reach their destinations across cities and provinces in 2018. As they work to make public transportation safer and more convenient through innovation and empowerment in 2019, the company looks back at certain milestones they’ve achieved.
- Grab now offers a total of 6 kinds of ride-sharing services: 3 of them under “budget”—GrabTrike, GrabTaxi, and GrabShare and 3 of them “premium”—GrabCar, GrabCar 6-seater, and GrabCar Premium.
- Grab users traveled the cumulative total of 920 million kilometers in 2018. That’s like circling the world almost 23,000 times!
- P 7,000 is the average amount Grab users spent in 2018, the top 5 percent though spent an average of P 45,000 and did 8 times more trips than the average user. Grab allows you to actually check out your own monthly/annual statement. Click here.
- Grab says ride-sharing is still cheaper than owning a car which they say costs P 20,000 per month or around P 240,000 annually taking into consideration things like fuel, toll, maintenance, registration, and parking fees.
- There are over 60,000 driver-partners in Grab’s platform.
- 30,000 additional slots for Grab driver-partners was approved by the Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board or LTFRB. This should improve Grab’s service heading into 2019.
- Over 5,000 restaurants have partnered with GrabFood making the largest online food delivery service that satisfies every craving.