Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Japan Now Has One of the Fastest Police Cars in Service
It might be in production for over a decade now, but the Nissan GT-R is still one of the world’s fastest sportscars. And while it’s sometimes associated with speedsters and hooligans, there’s one R35 that’s siding with the law. Would-be crooks in the Tochigi Prefecture should be shaking in their boots with the arrival of the prefecture’s first R35 GT-R police car.
Nissan has had a history of building some special cars for the Japanese police department. And it’s no coincidence that the Tochigi Prefecture received Japan’s first-ever GT-R police car; after all, Tochigi is where the GT-R is made and the factory there just turned 50 years old. Surprisingly, the GT-R was actually donated by a Tochigi resident.
Oh, and in case you’re wondering, the GT-R still isn’t the fastest police car in service. Although it serves up a 0-100 km/h of just 2.9 seconds and a top speed of 314 km/h from its twin-turbo V6 engine, you’ll be surprised what ultra-rich Dubai can come up with.
Top 10 Fastest Police Cars in the World
10. Ariel Atom (UK) – Top Speed: 270 km/h, 0-100 km/h: 2.5 seconds
09. Spyker C8 Spyder (Netherlands) – Top Speed: 300 km/h, 0-100 km/h: 4.5 seconds
07. Nissan GT-R (Dubai, Japan) – Top Speed: 314 km/h, 0-100 km/h: 2.9 seconds
07. Audi R8 GT (Germany) – Top Speed: 325 km/h, 0-100 km/h: 3.2 seconds
06. Lamborghini Gallardo (Italy) – Top Speed 327 km/h, 0-100 km/h: 3.7 seconds
05. Ferrari FF (Dubai) – Top Speed: 335 km/h, 0-100 km/h: 3.7 seconds
04. Lamborghini Aventador (Dubai) – Top Speed: 350 km/h, 0-100 km/h: 2.9 seconds
03. Aston Martin One-77 (Dubai) – Top Speed: 354 km/h, 0-100 km/h: 3.5 seconds
02. Brabus CLS Rocket (Germany) – Top Speed: 362 km/h, 0-100 km/h: 3.2 seconds
01. Bugatti Veyron (Dubai) – Top Speed: 430 km/h, 0-100 km/h: 2.5 seconds