The all-new Jimny is upon us. After initially saying that its availability has been pushed back to the third quarter of the year, Suzuki Philippines is adjusting their time table and now says that the sub-compact SUV is dropping in three weeks’ time (March 8, 2019 to be exact).
With its official market debut looming soon, it’s time to see if we can get more info on Suzuki’s much-awaited mini-4x4. Here’s what we know so far:
- There’s going to be two variants: the entry-level GL and top-spec GLX. The GL has a monotone exterior color, while the GLX comes with a two-tone scheme.
- Moving on, the GL will have five colors: Jungle Green, Bluish Black Pearl, Medium Gray, Silky Silver, and Superior White. Meanwhile, the GLX will have three and they are all brighter: Kinetic Yellow with Bluish Black Roof, Brisk Blue Metallic with Bluish Black Pearl Roof, and Chiffon Ivory Metallic with Bluish Black Pearl Roof.
- Engine-wise, all 2019 Jimnys will have the 1.5-liter K15B engine making 102 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 130 Nm of torque at 4,000 rpm. The GL will offer a choice between a 5-speed MT and a 4-speed AT, while the GLX is only available with a 4-speed AT.
- Externally, the GL and GLX are very close. Both models will have front fog lights and will run on 195/80 R 15 alloy wheels. That said, the GLX is easily distinguishable with its two-tone color scheme, black-painted side mirrors (the GL’s unpainted) and body-colored door handles. The GLX also offers automatic LED lighting for its headlights, while the GL makes do with halogens.
- In terms of comfort and convenience features, the GLX offers a leather steering wheel (all models do have steering wheel-mounted audio switches though), cruise control, automatic climate control, four speakers (the GL only has 2), and a clinometer center display that shows pitch, roll, barometer, altimeter, and compass.
- Safety-wise, all 2019 Jimnys will get dual SRS airbags, ABS with EBD, and stability control. Both models also get reverse sensors, though only the GLX gets a reverse parking camera.
- Interestingly, certain Suzuki dealers have also begun throwing around pricing and they’re actually not bad given that the 2019 Jimny’s well-loaded now. The GL M/T is pegged at P 975,000, the GL A/T at P 1,035,000, and the GLX A/T at P 1,085,000.
Stay tuned on March 8, 2019 for more info and photos of the 2019 Suzuki Jimny.