The Covenant Car Company, Inc. (TCCCI), the exclusive importer and distributor of Chevrolet automobiles and parts in the Philippines, has announced the resumption of business operations of Chevrolet dealerships in various regions, as select areas transition to the government-mandated Modified Enhanced Community Quarantine (MECQ) or General Community Quarantine (GCQ), while some cautiously implement a more localized quarantine.
Chevrolet Cagayan de Oro, Chevrolet GenSan, Chevrolet CamSur, and Chevrolet Ilocos Norte reopened last May 4 and 5, while the rest of the dealerships in Luzon, including Metro Manila, Visayas, and Mindanao scheduled the resumption of their sales and aftersales operations today.
Here is the list of Chevrolet dealerships that reopened last May 16, 2020:
- Chevrolet Alabang
- Chevrolet Commonwealth
- Chevrolet Greenhills-EDSA
- Chevrolet Pasig
- Chevrolet Batangas
- Chevrolet Carmona
- Chevrolet Dagupan
- Chevrolet Pampanga
- Chevrolet Makati (Service Center only)
- Chevrolet North EDSA
- Chevrolet Shaw
- Chevrolet Cainta
- Chevrolet Imus Cavite
- Chevrolet Sta. Rosa
- Chevrolet Bacolod
- Chevrolet Iloilo
- Chevrolet Davao
TCCCI encourages Chevy customers to schedule their dealership visit ahead of time, as the number of individuals inside the showroom and service area will be strictly managed. Customers may call the dealerships directly or call the 24/7 Chevy Hotline at 5328-2438 to book their appointments.
For Android users, customers may download My Chevrolet Connect App where they can easily book their vehicle service or test drive appointments.
TCCCI together with its Chevrolet dealer partners nationwide, are implementing stringent safety protocols in all showrooms and service centers to ensure the safety of its employees and customers amidst the national concern on the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We are taking all the necessary precautions to ensure the safety of the Chevrolet community. While our business continues to operate, the wellness of our employees and our customers during these extraordinary times remain our top priority,” said Atty. Alberto B. Arcilla, President and Chief Executive Officer of TCCCI.
The Chevrolet dealerships in the country are heightening their regular hygiene and sanitation protocols, and carrying out stricter regulations in sanitizing all Chevrolet vehicles entering and leaving the dealerships.
The following measures are progressively put in place in Chevrolet showrooms and service centers:
- Mandatory temperatures checks of employees and customers entering the dealership premises
- Mandatory wearing of protective equipment, including face mask, for all employees
- Alcohol dispensers or hand sanitizers are readily available in key areas of the dealership, including showroom and service reception areas
- Foot pad disinfectants are made available at the main entrance of the showroom and service workshop area
- Common areas inside the dealership, including customer and service lounges, transaction areas, meeting rooms, and restrooms are sanitized every two (2) hours and before and after business hours
- General cleaning and sanitation of dealerships at least once a week
- Chevrolet vehicles on display and test drive units are sanitized regularly
- Chevrolet vehicles and genuine parts delivered to the dealership are sanitized
- Brand new Chevrolet vehicles scheduled for delivery or vehicles set for service unit release are sanitized