Mazda’s new color—Polymetal Gray received the distinction of being the color of the year at the Japan Fashionable Color Association or JAFCA’s Auto Color Awards 2019.
Established in 1953, the JAFCA promotes the advancement of industrial color design.
For JAFCA, the “nuanced gray with subtle bluish tinge has realized a new texture that has never been seen before.” Moreover, they recognize Polymetal Gray’s role in Mazda’s new premium identity, particularly to highlight its new design philosophy.
This is the third time Mazda won the JAFCA distinction since 2016.
Other nominees for JAFCA’s Auto Color Awards were:
- Kawasaki W800 Street - Metallic Flat Spark Black x Metallic Matte Graphite
- Kawasaki W800 Cafe - Metallic Magnesium Gray x Galaxy Silver
- Suzuki X-Bee - Caravan Ivory Pearl Metallic
- Suzuki X-Bee - Mineral Gray 3-Tone
- Suzuki Katana - Glass Sparkle Black
- Suzuki Katana - Mystic Silver Metallic
- Subaru WRX STI - WR Blue Pearl
- Subaru BRZ - WR Blue Pearl
- Daihatsu Rocky - Black Mica Metallic x Compano Red
- Toyota GR Supra - Matte Storm Metallic
- Toyota RAV4 - Ash Gray Metallic x Urban Khaki
- Nissan Dayz - Soda Double x Ash Brown
- Honda Freed - Seagrass Blue Pearl
- Mitsubishi eK X - Sand Yellow Metallic x White Solid
- Mitsubishi eK X - Natural Ivory Metallic x Sunshine Orange Metallic
- Yamaha Niken GT - Matte Dark Purplish Blue Metallic
- Yamaha Niken - Dark Gray Metallic